Allen A. Kolber, Esq. graduated as a Belkin Fellow from Cardozo Law School in 1987 and was admitted into the New York State Bar.
Mr. Kolber served as a Queens County Assistant District Attorney, was appointed a Supervisor in the Trial Bureau and later served in the Appeals Bureau drafting and arguing appeals before the New York State Appellate Division.
In 1991, Allen Kolber accepted a position with a Wall Street litigation firm, and for the next 7 years, Mr. Kolber represented Underwriters at Lloyds of London in the New York Federal Courts, litigating multi-million dollar cases to settlement or trial and appeal.
Since 1999, Mr. Kolber has been practicing Bankruptcy Law and litigation in the Federal U.S. Bankruptcy Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, including the five boroughs of New York City, Nassau, Suffolk, Westchester, Rockland Counties and the Hudson Valley.
- New York State, 1989
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1992
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1992
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit, 1992
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Southern District of New York, 1992
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Eastern District of New York, 1992
- Falcon Crest Diamonds, Inc. v. Dixon, 655 N.Y.S.2d 232 (1996)
- 6247 Atlas Corp. v. Marine Ins. Co., 923 F.Supp. 523 (SDNY 1996)
- Ressler v. White, 968 F.2d 1478 (2d Cir. 1992)
- “Overview of the Bankruptcy Reform Act, 2005″
- “Appellate Court Expands Damages For “Bad Faith” Claims To Include Foreseeable Damages Such As Mental Distress And Aggravation, 2004″
- “Property/Casualty Insurance, 2001″
- “Do Small Businesses Need Bankruptcy?, 2010″
- “Coordinating Your Foreclosure Defense with Bankruptcy Strategies, 2010″
- “Personal Injury Actions and Bankruptcies, 2010″
- “You Better Practice What You Preach, 2010″
- “When Do You Refer Your Client to a Bankruptcy Attorney?, 2010″
- “More People Are Withdrawing Funds From Their 401(k)s to Supplement Their Income…That’s a Real Shame, 2010″
- “Homeowners are Found to be In a Worse Position After a Loan Modification Fails Than When They First Defaulted on Their Mortgage, 2010″
- Instructor, Lloyds of London Insurance Brokers, “The Ability of U.S. Litigants to Compel Depositions and Evidence from London Brokers, Hague Convention” 2004
- Instructor, London Seminar, “Insurance Broker Negligence & Liability”, “Distinction Between Warranties And Conditions Precedent in Lloyds of London Policies”, 2004
- Speaker, Professional Liability Seminar, “Lloyds of London Insurance Broker Agency & Representation”, 2002
- Instructor, “Conducting And Defending Depositions”, London Seminar, 2006
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- The National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
- The Hudson Valley Bankruptcy Bar Association
- Rockland County Bar Association, Bankruptcy and Commercial Litigation Panels