THE LAW OFFICES OFALLEN A. KOLBER, ESQ.
files Bankruptcy cases for individuals, families and corporations in NYC, Westchester County, Rockland County and the Hudson Valley.
Most of our bankruptcy clients are:
- middle class families with both spouses working
- who own a home or condominium
- where one or both spouses has a college or Masters Degree
- they have paid for their children's college educations, or are currently paying their children's student loans.
- they have either suffered a loss of employment, divorce or serious medical issues.
Our typical Bankruptcy clients end up keeping the following exempt assets:
- $21,000 worth of personal property;
- Up to $300,000 in Homestead Exemption (equity in your home);
- Up to $4,000 worth of a motor vehicle;
- Up to $1 million in IRA, 401(k), Keogh, Social Security, Unemployment, Disability, Public Assistance, Worker's Compensation, or Veteran's Benefits;
- Up to $7,500 in payment for personal injury;
- 90% of all income received within 60 days before filing;
- Unlimited court ordered alimony, maintenance or child support;
- Worker's Compensation or Disability awards.
Our typical Bankruptcy clients end up discharging most of their unsecured debt:
- credit card debt
- medical debt
- bank lines of credit
- personal loans
- car loans (if they wish to give up their car)
- Mortgages (if they want to give up their homes)